Practical Defensive Pistol – NCSC Fund Raiser
10:00am to 4:00pm
Saturday June 18th 2022
$50 club donation required for participation.
Participants must be a club member or guest of a club member. Donation payable by cash or check (preferred) at the event. Make checks payable to the New Carlisle Sportsmans Club.
This is an intermediate skills course and a great next step after completing our Defensive Pistol Foundational Skills course. Expect skill development in the areas of pistol manipulation, marksmanship, utilization of the defensive pistol, and critical decision making.
PRE-REQUISITES: Successful completion of a CCW and/or a introductory pistol shooting course of instruction or the requisite knowledge and training to properly load, unload, and operate your pistol in a practical defensive context.
- This will NOT be a “competitive format” or “military training”.
- It WILL focuse on practical application of the defensive pistol and the use of lawfully justified deadly force
- We will balance the skills levels of all attendees to ensure everyone leaves with new information and skill development.
Points of Instruction (POI) Include:
- Proper firearm manipulation
- Drawing from the open and concealed holster
- Deployment from ready and carry positions
- Rapid reloading of the pistol
- Practical marksmanship development
- Critical decision making in the context of a practical firearm application
- The lawful justification for the use of deadly force for self defense
- Proper ammunition selection for the self defense pistol
- Modern defensive pistol or revolver with OWB, IWB, or AIWB holster required
- 2-3 pistol magazines / 2-4 revolver speed loaders and a belt pouch to carry at least 1 magazine / speed loader
- Factory produced training ammunition matching your firearm’s caliber (200+ rounds)
- Cover garmet for concealed pistol practice (we may shoot open, concealed, or both)
- Eye protection (safety glasses or polycarbonate lenses in perscription eyeware)
- Ear protection (electronic shooting ear muffs highly suggested)
- Seasonally appropriate clothing suitable for outdoor activities (no low scooped neck shirts or tops)
- Closed toe shoes or boots suitable for outdoor activities
- A baseball style cap or visor to help protect your face
- Water, sports drinks, & snacks to maintain yourself during moderate physical activity for the training day
- Please note that we will NOT be taking a formal lunch break. Bring a packed lunch to eat on the range.