An ODNR sponsored Hunter’s Education will be taking place on Oct 22nd from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM inside the clubhouse.Â If you have a youth (or yourself!) that is interested in attending, sign up on the Ohio Division of Wildlife web site.
Members: In the past, this has not affected use of the range on the outside of the building; however, kindly check in with Bruce before assuming this is the case.
For the pig roast, last names beginning with A – G please bring a salad, H – Q please bring a vegetable, and R – Z please bring a dessert.
Shooting starts at 2 pm; with dinner at 6 pm.Â The club will provide the meat, sodas, plastic ware, cups, and plates.
We will have .22 rifle and pistol activities on the north range, trap on the trap range, and black powder shooting on the south range.Â Your are encouraged to bring a black powder firearm and any .22 rifle or pistol.Â The shooting on the north range will be child-friendly.
Here are the new Club, Range and Firearms Rules.Â Also, here are the Long Range Qualification procedures.
Qualification for Shooting beyond 100 Yards
- Demonstrate or describe the procedure for zeroing your rifle.
- Understand limits of your cartridge(s).
- Describe what click values are and what they are for your rifle.
- Know where to find an appropriate trajectory chart/information and use it to demonstrate change of zero from 100 yards to 200, 300, & 400 yards.
- Demonstrate appropriate shooting positions for 200 yards and beyond.
Qualifications will be held one half hour prior to membership meetings.Â Special times can be made by request to the board.
Here is the 2016 Ohio Rifle & Pistol Highpower Rifle Tournament Schedule.